Bartons

Bartons

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Franklin Institute

This week is Justin's Spring Break, and we are taking major advantage of it! We got a City Pass (which gives you tickets to a bunch of things to do in the city), and we are planning on going to New York for the day on Friday.
Today we went to the Franklin Institute and it was AMAZING!! I've never had so much fun at a museum. Here are some pictures from our fun-filled day!
Haddy and I out front

That is good ol' Benjamin Franklin! This room was really pretty, and very impressively large.

This picture should be obvious, right? haha, no. This was in the planetarium, we saw a show about Black Holes and it was AWESOME!! It had one of those domed screens that's above your head, and it was so cool. Justin said this was his favorite part of the day.

This is a telescope, and there was a screen on the ceiling showing what the telescope shows that Haddy could not take he eyes off of!
Here she is looking at the screen, straining her neck.

This is a big train, and it moved!

This is Justin and Haddy ON that big train, before it started to go.
This is Haddy and I above an airplane, about to get in.

Here we are, in the airplane.

You can't tell, but we're in a room that blows a lot of air on you really fast, and you're supposed to pick up these foam wings and feel the "lift" when you hold them correctly. Haddy loves wind so she loved this little simulator!
Now THIS was cool! You were supposed to call someone on your cell phone, and this wall's lights lit up from the electric reaction, and when I did it the lights went crazy!! We figured this is why you're supposed to turn your phones off on airplanes, and this wall showed the phones really do interfere with electronics! It was cool.

LOVED this! This was the big heart! I wish I could've taken my health classes through this heart. You can't see me, but I'm at the top.

Here's one where Justin's at the top. Again, hard to see.
This was a tunnel in the "changing earth" section. When we walked into the section, all of a sudden we thought there was an earthquake! But it was just the room! It felt and sounded way real. And this was some tunnel in the exhibit.

There was a thing where you could go into a room with a green screen, and you could be a pretend weather person. Well Haddy and I did it, this is me on the TV screen, it's  a really bad picture and you can't see the "weather" I'm predicting, but you get the point. It was really fun! And I sucked at being a weather person....

Here is Justin controlling this big crane thing. I did it too, and we pretty much rocked it.
Here I am, racing. No biggy.

Justin and Haddy surfing.

Here I am, "falling" off the surf board.
Rock climbing!

I rocked it.

Boo-ya.
THIS thing was FUN!!!! It was supposed to show you how much faster you spin when your body is all close together, but basically it was a spinny thing that spun really fast. I felt like a little kid! And no one was even supervising us, we could break all sorts of rules we wanted!

Justin riding the "sky bike." Again, so awesome.

Here he is again.

And again.
I highly recommend the Franklin Institute.
We are going to the Aquarium tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast. We love the aquarium. I am glad you guys are doing the City Pass. It's a good way to see some fun sights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks awesome! I love all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like the coolest place on the planet!!! I want to go! So glad you posted all the pictures and I LOVE the new picture of Haddy at the top of the page:)

    ReplyDelete