Bartons

Bartons

Monday, January 10, 2011

Stay in there little H! And stay out of my ribs!

So our exciting life just keeps getting more exciting....which is not necessarily a good thing. Last week at my Doctor's appointment, my doctor told me that I shouldn't move down to Salt Lake February 1st anymore...he moved it up to TODAY! I was at Lee's in Logan today (best grocery store ever) refilling my prescription so I would be stocked up for my move, and I decided to take my blood pressure on their blood pressure machine. My doctor has been having me monitor my BP everyday since I have a predisposition for Preeclampsia, and he told me if it ever gets above 140/90 to go straight to Labor and Delivery. WELL...., to make a long story short my blood pressure was high...then I took it again and it was higher...then I went home and took it two more times on my own cuff and it was even higher! And I started to see spots in my vision (major sign of Preeclampsia), so of course I was freaking out. I went straight to Logan Regional where they admitted me for monitoring. Thankfully our little girl was doing fantastic! She passed her non-stress test within the first 5 minutes (usually it takes 20-30), but I was just the one having issues...they kept monitoring my blood pressure and it began to go down after laying there for a while (I think that knowing my baby was okay had a lot to do with that). Anyways, so everything is okay! Phew! But I am very interested to see what my doctor says when I go see him tomorrow...He seems to have no reserves about inducing me early to avoid Preeclampsia, last week he seemed pretty sure I'd end up getting it and now I think I'm convinced as well. But for now I am going to keep pretending she won't be here til the end of February like she's supposed to! And then worry about her coming early when and if that time comes. But right now I am just so thankful I have been receiving such fantastic care! My doctor is amazing and so smart it's almost scary...but Justin and I are so so blessed and so thankful for all the tender mercies we have been getting. And I am so lucky to have such a freaking awesome husband, I am so in love with him! He is so supportive and is so good at making this whole process easier on me, and the less stress I feel, the better off our baby is.
Now that I'm living in Sandy I will probably have nothing better to do than to keep posting information people don't care about on our blog, so if you are just as bored as I'm planning on being, feel free to stay tuned for more baby news! And I also have to write about Justin's Grad School stuff too, so there is plenty to come from the Bartons in the next little while! Whether you care or not :)

2 comments:

  1. I care! That must have been so scary! We love you and Justin and the little Barton Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's time for another update....and PICTURES are a must........

    ReplyDelete