Bartons

Bartons

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm having a baby this week!

This will be short. Basically I went into the Doctor today, my blood pressure was higher than it's ever been, and we scheduled my induction for this Thursday at 3:00 pm!! Holy cow. One of the crappy things about the baby coming so early (a month to be precise) and it being my first pregnancy is when they induce me, it's quite a long process. First I have to go in and become dilated (since I'm totally NOT dilated, being a month early and all..) So they give me this drug, and it can take up to 18 hours to dilate me to where I need to be. THEN they induce me, which can take up to 36 hours. My doctor kept mentioning 'patience' which, now that I think about it, I will definitely be needing! The other bad thing about the baby coming a month early is she isn't fully developed. My doc said she'll probably have to spend at least a few days in the NICU but that she should be fine.
Justin and I are so excited to be parents! And I am so freakin nervous! But excited nonetheless. So that's the update. Next time you hear from me, I'll have plenty of pictures to post of my darling little girl! Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. oh yay! so excited for you!! Looking forward to seeing many pictures, wish you the best with a healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! Good luck and I hope everything goes perfect! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope everything goes well! Owen was in the NICU for a few days - I'm sure your little one will be well taken care of also!

    ReplyDelete