Bartons

Bartons

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Potty-trained!

I was beginning to think I was going to be sending my child to school in diapers. Seriously. We tried potty-training once before and it was a big-time fail. I kept thinking "I'm just going to let her decide when she's ready" but I think if I'd done that she really WOULD have been going to school in diapers. She needed a bit of motivation....and it came in the form of a big, fat, painful blister on her butt! Here's the story...
So one day Haddy starts crying and saying she wants me to put some medicine on her bum. She HATES it when I put medicine on her, so I knew she had to be in pain. I put the medicine on and told her that her diaper is what caused the blister, and if she wore her undies it would help it feel better. She said OK, but I told her she could NOT pee in her undies. And that was that. I couldn't believe how easy it was!
She still fights me every morning when I tell her she has to put on her undies, but then once they're on she does great. We had to buy additional My Little Pony undies though, because she wouldn't wear the monkey ones I found on clearance and bought two packages of...but it's well worth it!
Just look at that darling potty-trained face! She got this crown when she finally pooped in the potty, that took a little bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. oh man isn't it just the best when they are potty trained?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! That's such a big deal! I am excited to be on my last child to be potty trained. :)

    ReplyDelete