Bartons

Bartons

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My little baby is growing up *sniff*

My darling baby girl turned 1 on January 28th. I can't believe how fast this last year has gone by! Yes, I know, typical mom thing to say, but it's true. She has grown so much so fast and I am truly thankful to be her mom. I adore my baby, she is my best little friend and I love her so much!
Well for her birthday we wanted to do something she would think was fun. We thought about going swimming but couldn't find a fun indoor pool around here that's similar to the one we went to in Bountiful. Then we decided to go to the museum! Penn has an anthropology museum we went to and had a great time! Then when we got home from a long day of walking around, I made some Philly Cheesesteaks for dinner with Jalapeno Cream sauce! I was trying to copy Moochie's jalapeno sauce recipe, but I couldn't find it online so I just made the first one I did find, but it turned out really good!
The next day we had cake and ice cream. Haddy got her own little cake and proceeded to completely devour it.... I was worried she would be sick but so far she seems fine!

I remember so well the day Haddy was born. It was so weird to all of a sudden be a mom and have a baby! But we fell in love with her as soon as she came out. It took them a while to stitch me up so I had to wait to hold her about 45 minutes, but she was worth it! Beautiful big eyes, dark hair (which later fell out and grew back light)...simply perfect.
It's true what they say about stay-at-home moms having a hard job. It has definitely not been easy, but the highs are so worth the lows that there's no question about it, I have the greatest job there is! I feel so blessed to have such a healthy, thriving, happy little girl. She has such a fun personality and I hate it when she goes down for naps because I have so much fun playing with her!
 For your viewing pleasure I have pictures of our fun weekend, I hope you enjoy them at least half as much as I do!

Haddy opened up her presents from the Cook grandparents the night before. She got two ADORABLE outfits, two cute and much needed pairs of pajamas, a fun new toy that I can't get her to stop playing with, and the movie Up!

Another picture! She also opened presents the next morning from her Barton grandparents, but we only took video of that present-opening, no pictures :( I am dumb. But they also got her two adorable outfits, two pairs of jammies, and  a really cute book! (Haddy LOVES books!)

This is the front of the beautiful museum!

This room was massive.

This is a cool Chinese dragon thing. Haddy liked it.

Haddy in the sarcaphagas! (I have no clue if I spelled that right by the way...)

Haddy looking at a dead person.

Haddy and I looking outside in a glass hallway.

Sphinx! Third largest in the world. And we saw it. And touched it....but don't tell the museum staff that...

To scale a bit...

After a long day of museum-going, Haddy was pooped!

This is my delicious home-made philly cheesesteak! I am so awesome.

Jalapeno cream sauce....mmmmmmm

Getting ready for cake and ice cream!

The cake I made.

Haddy's personal cake! I fell in love with it when I saw it because it had a purple unicorn.

Haddy in her birthday outfit, just reading a book to kill time before people got there.

Ohhh the anticipation.....

She's a little tentative at first....
But as you can see, that didn't last long!

Look at that face. Darling.

And here it comes......the sugar rush!



The end!

3 comments:

  1. She is so big:( And also pretty! I miss her and love her and her birthday party looked like so much fun! She is lucky to have such awesome parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little girl! Glad you guys had lots of fun for her birthday. Haha, her sugar rush was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great B-day celebration! I love the pic of "Haddy looking at a dead person" ha ha what the! So funny! She looked ADORABLE on her B-day!!! I wish we could have come over! She had the biggest beautiful eyes and kissable cheeks! Her personal cake was way cute! Did you find it at the grocery store!? Love the pics of her eating it so much fun!

    ReplyDelete